DRAFT for review Learning Commons Mission
In support of UMass Dartmouth’s academic mission, the Learning Commons creates and cultivates a vibrant, welcoming and integrated learner-centered environment.
We will do so by promoting an environment and support team that
- inspires learners and fosters learning as an activity
- embodies and supports engagement & collaboration for individual & group work
- champions and supports the research process from search and discovery to synthesis and presentation.
- provides easily accessible and adaptable physical spaces and resources
- excels at providing rich technological facilities, instruction, and support
- maximizes individual and group productivity by integrating scholarly information support services and information literacy instruction