The Carney Library is organizing several game nights in the library Living Room this semester starting Sept. 24th. Big thank you to the members of the UMass Dartmouth community who have already given us several games to use, but we are still looking for more sets from all the categories below to make sure we have enough.
If you have board games that you would like to donate…We would LOVE to have them!
We are organizing some potential themes:
- Monopoly (Monopoly – Classic or if possible themed sets would be great)
- Word Games (Scrabble, Word up, Boggle, Bananagrams, etc.)
- Kiddie Games (Candy Land, Mousetrap, Trouble, Chutes and Ladders, Hungry Hungry Hippo, Sorry, Operation, Connect Four, Life, etc.)
- Build It Games (Legos (loose fine, sets if complete, Lincoln Logs, Jenga, Tinker Toys, etc)
- Trivia Night (Trivial Pursuit, Worst Case Scenerio, Cranium, Scene It, Don’t Quote Me, etc.)
- Act It Out (Pictionary, Charades, Taboo, Scattergories, Balderdash, Twister etc.)
- Strategic Games (Stratego, Risk, Battleship, Rummikub, Dominos, Triominos, Clue)
- Card games (UNO, Phase 10, Old Maid, Yahtzee, etc.)
So if you have any of these games, or similar ones, we would love to have your donations! We prefer games/sets with all their pieces, but even those that are missing some can be useful as we anticipate having to replace lost pieces eventually.
Donation collection will be at the Carney Library Circulation desk and if you have any questions, please contact Kari Mofford, firstname.lastname@example.org