RefWorks allows you to create your own database of references. You may then use those references in a bibliography or you may cite references in your paper and RefWorks will format your paper and bibliography in any style that you choose.
The Library is offering sessions to help beginners and advanced users. These sessions are open to both students and faculty. Bring your laptop to follow along and set up your own account. Rooms will be scheduled when we see how many people register for each session. Your registration will be acknowledged and you will receive the location of your class.
Please RSVP for a session by contacting Liz Winiarz at email@example.com
or call Liz at x8696 if you have any questions. If none of these times fit your schedule, please let Liz know.
Beginners will learn:
- How to open an account
- Basic citation importation
- How to create and organize folders in your account
- How to link to your paper in MSWord
- How to create a basic bibliography
Advanced sessions will focus on:
- Importing from other sources (web pages, RSS feeds, and other databases)
- Editing references
- More viewing and sorting options
- Checking for duplicates
- Troubleshooting problems
- Tuesday, October 21 , 2014 12noon-1pm Elizabeth Winiarz
- Thursday, October 23, 2014 10 am Elizabeth Winiarz
- Wednesday, October 29, 2014 10 am Hilary Kraus
- Thursday, November 6 , 2014 2pm Hilary Kraus
- Wednesday, November 12 , 2014 2pm Hilary Kraus
- Thursday, November 6, 2014 10 am Elizabeth Winiarz
- Monday, November 10, 2014 10 am Elizabeth Winiarz
- Thursday, November 20 , 2014 2 pm Elizabeth Winiarz