The Library is offering sessions to help beginners and advanced users. All sessions will meet in the Library’s second floor conference room (just behind the elevator). These sessions are open to both students and faculty.
Each session can have 6 participants, so RSVP quickly to get a spot!
Sign up for one of the NEW Sessions Now!
- Sign Up Now! – Friday, March 6, 11 am, Beginner
- Sign Up Now! – Wednesday, March 11, 10 am, Advanced
- Sign Up Now! – Friday, March 13, 12:30-1:30 pm, Beginner
- Sign Up Now! – Tuesday, March 24, 2 pm, Beginner
- Sign Up Now! – Friday, March 27, 2 pm, Advanced
- Sign Up Now! – Tuesday, March 31, 11 am, Beginner
Please RSVP for a session by contacting Liz Winiarz or call Liz at x8696 if you have any questions.
If you have a laptop with wireless access, please bring it!
RefWorks allows you to create your own database of references. You may then use those references in a bibliography or you may cite references in your paper and RefWorks will format your paper and bibliography in any style that you choose.
Beginners will learn:
- How to open an account
- Basic citation importation
- How to create and organize folders in your account
- How to link to your paper in MSWord
- How to create a basic bibliography
Advanced sessions will focus on:
- Importing from other sources (web pages, RSS feeds, and other commercial databases)
- Editing references
- More viewing and sorting options
- Checking for duplicates
- Troubleshooting problems