The Claire T. Carney Library is offering sessions for transfer students who wish to learn about services and resources. Freshmen get an introduction to the library in first year English classes. This is your opportunity.
All classes will be held in the Claire T. Carney Library‘s 2nd floor classroom, room 225.
Sessions will be led by Linda Zieper.
While these sessions are geared to transfer students, anyone may sign up.
For further information, please contact Elizabeth Winiarz at
email@example.com or by calling x8696.
- Thursday, November 29: 10-11 am
- Thursday, November 29: 1-2 pm
- Thursday, December 6: 10-11 am
- Thursday, December 6: 2-3 pm
RefWorks Workshops at the Claire T. Carney Library
RefWorks allows you to create your own database of references. You may then use those references in a bibliography or you may cite references in your paper and RefWorks will format your paper and bibliography in any style that you choose.
The Claire T. Carney Library is offering sessions to help beginners and advanced users. All sessions will meet in the Library’s second floor classroom room 225. These sessions are open to both students and faculty. Bring your laptop if you’d like to set up RefWorks on your own computer.
Please RSVP for a session by contacting Liz Winiarz at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Liz at x8696 if you have any questions.
Beginners will learn:
- How to open an account
- Basic citation importation
- How to create and organize folders in your account
- How to link to your paper in MSWord
- How to create a basic bibliography
Advanced sessions will focus on:
- Importing from other sources (web pages, RSS feeds, and other commercial databases
- Editing references
- More viewing and sorting options
- Checking for duplicates
- Troubleshooting problems
- Monday November 19 8-8:45 am with Paige Gibbs
- Tuesday November 20 10-11 am with Elizabeth Winiarz
- Thursday November 29 2-3:15 pm with Paige Gibbs
- Monday December 3 1-1:45 pm with Paige Gibbs
- Tuesday December 4 2-3 pm with Elizabeth Winiarz
- Tuesday November 20 2-3:15pm with Paige Gibbs
- Wednesday November 28 10-11 am with Elizabeth Winiarz
- Thursday November 29 10 – 11 am with Elizabeth Winiarz
- Monday December 3 2-2:45pm with Paige Gibbs
- Wednesday December 5 10-11 am with Elizabeth Winiarz