The Claire T. Carney Library is open to all current UMass Dartmouth students, faculty, and staff with an active UMass Pass ID. If your ID is not active, you will need to activate it with the UMass Pass Office prior to visiting the library as it is required to scan into the building. If you have questions about your UMass Pass, email email@example.com or call 508-999-8134.
UMass Dartmouth staff have taken many steps to ensure that the library is as safe as possible for our visitors. These steps include:
- Limiting the building capacity to 275 people,
- Loaning sanitized keyboards and mice at the Learning Commons Desk,
- Moving computer workstations to the Grand and South Reading rooms to make social distancing easier,
- Requiring all visitors to wear masks,
- Requiring all students who visit the library to be tested for COVID on a weekly basis,
- Adjusting the room occupancy rules for group study rooms,
- Hiring students to wipe down tables, keyboards, and other commonly touched surfaces, and
- Employing the help of “student ambassadors” to help visitors adhere to best safety practices.
You can get information about COVID testing at https://www.umassd.edu/emergency/coronavirus/covid-testing/
You can view the library hours by visiting https://schedule.lib.umassd.edu/hours.
We look forward to supporting your research and learning needs this fall. If you have library related questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-999-8750.