New content from the Williams Institute at UCLA has been added to the LGBTQ+ Rights collection available through the HeinOnline database. This database can be accessed through the A-Z database list on the Carney Library website.
“As the newest addition to HeinOnline’s Social Justice Suite, LGBTQ+ Rights is dedicated to charting the gay rights movement in America, showing the civil rights codified into law in the 20th and 21st centuries, as well as the inequalities that still exist today. Titles in this collection are grouped into subcollections focused on specific areas of society, examining issues from same-sex marriage to employment discrimination, military service, and more.
A unique interactive piece within this collection is the Timeline charting the American gay rights movement from 1950 up to present day. Pulling in documents from HeinOnline, photographs from the Library of Congress, and YouTube videos, this timeline allows users to both visualize the progression of the gay rights movement as well as how HeinOnline documents connect to this overall historical narrative.” –HeinOnline LGBTQ+ Libguide
We are looking for a Senior Administrative Assistant to join the Claire T. Carney Library staff. Here’s a general statement of duties and responsibilities:
“Provide direct support to the Dean and the Associate Dean in the Library, which includes management of all daily office administrative and fiscal operations. Monitor expenditures to ensure budgetary compliance for all funds overseen by the Dean; prepare, review, and analyze financial reports; prepare and review requisitions, purchase requests, payroll, contracts, etc. Oversee the daily administrative business functions and operations of the library, working in conjunction with the Chancellors’ Office, Provost’s Office, Administrative and Fiscal Services, Student Affairs, Campus Services, Facilities, etc. Coordinate complex and highly confidential administrative functions for the Dean and Associate Dean. Assist and provide guidance to Library Division Heads regarding university administrative and fiscal policies and operations.”
For more information and to apply for the position, see the full job posting at http://careers.umassd.edu/dartmouth/en-us/job/517404/senior-administrative-assistant
Welcome back for the Spring Semester. We hope you enjoyed the break, and we are excited to have you back on campus!
Here are a few helpful library tips and reminders:
- Research Help: Our subject librarians are here to help you find articles, books, and other resources for research projects/papers. Don’t be shy! You can email, chat, text, call, or stop by LIB-233 to connect with one of our librarians.
- Student Study Rooms: You can reserve a group study room for you and your classmates.
- Get Items from Other Libraries (ILL): If you need articles or books that the Carney Library doesn’t provide access to, request it through interlibrary library loan (ILL). Our ILL department can get you articles, books, and more from libraries across the country and around the world. The best part is there is no extra cost to you.
- Equipment Loans: The library loans a variety of equipment including overnight laptops, TI-84 Plus calculators, whiteboard markers, and more. Stop by the 1st floor circulation desk to borrow items.
- Digital Scholarship Hub (DiSH) Events: Register for free workshops on a variety of digital tools such as the upcoming one on RStudio and the Tidyverse, or add one of the “Research Power Hours” to your calendar.
- Electronic Theses & Dissertations: You can browse and access many recent UMassD theses and dissertations online.
- Hours: You can always find the library’s hours at https://schedule.lib.umassd.edu/hours/
- Website: Our recently redesigned website includes information on many more resources.
If you have questions or would like to share feedback, please let us know.